In recent years, the consumption of dairy products alone has increased by more than 2.5 % per year globally.
Increasing digestibility means using available feed more efficiently and completely exploiting the nutritional potential (energy and proteins) of raw materials. In this way, the feed costs can be reduced and margins can be enhanced.Maurice Gex-Fabry
5 ways, how to increase digestibility with
- Increasing the saliva production with
a besturea, buffer andphosphorus recycling in the rumen
- Modulating the rumen flora, to optimize the
fermentationsand to increase the microbial efficiency
- Maintaining a good rumen environment (e.g. pH, NH3, lactic acid … ), which is suitable for the degradation of the feed by the microflora. For example, we can slow the starch degradation to reduce the risk of acidosis.
- Bypassing the rumen to improve the metabolized protein or the starch
- Increasing small intestine digestibility of starch, protein
References available upon request