1. Expand your horizons: Learn something new
Phytogenius minds are pioneers and always ready to discover the unknown. Therefore, we do not only unlock the plant universe but also the potential within ourselves, both professionally and personally.
Of course, reading books, visiting seminars, or training sessions by experts are great possibilities to do so. Above that, we love to learn from each other. Our goal: Having a platform for all phytogenius minds to learn whenever and wherever they want.
At the beginning of April, the time has finally come: We have launched the Delacon Academy for our team members globally.
2. Show solidarity: Everyone can make a difference
We at Delacon truly believe that every act of solidarity can make a difference. This also shows our latest global initiative. What started internally, soon became very important for our environment as well.
Several team members have started to send face masks throughout the globe to support other team members in affected areas. The masks do not only help to protect our team members, but also many others. A high quantity could be given to various health care institutions, including:
- Hospitals in Toulouse: Purpan and Rangueil
- L’Arche in Toulouse, a non-profit organization
- Retirement homes
- Private nurses who are taking care of older people
- Diakoniewerk (an Austrian non-profit organization helping people with disabilities).
Many thanks to all Delacon team members for contributing.
3. Make yourself happy by impacting the lives of others
As we are a scientific company, we wanted to dive deeper into the research of happiness. Did you know that givers are happier and healthier than their peers? Get more interesting insights about happiness here.
By offering a helping hand, we cannot only create an impact in each other’s life but also strengthen our company’s culture – the so-called Delacon spirit. Find the following three examples of some of our latest activities:
- Ines & Laura, two team members from the Laboratory department offered our production team a helping hand in labeling product packages. With their help, it was possible to ensure that our phytogenic solutions can be delivered on time.
- The Events team is eager to support various projects. I saw Martina de Cassan organizing large digital meetings or moderating workshops. Whereas others care for the infrastructure of the Delacon Academy.
- Our French colleagues continuously support L’Arche in Toulouse. For example, the great initiative of a shared-housing project. House sharing is a way to enable better social integration for people with disabilities. What’s more? On a frequent basis, the team has lunch together in their canteen.
4. Be creative and do things differently
We always believe that a key ingredient in strong relationships is to develop close connections. Just because we need to be physically distanced, doesn’t mean we have to be it emotionally and socially. Think outside the box and search for creative solutions to stay connected. Therefore, we…
- …foster close collaborations with our distributors around the globe virtually. Moreover, helping them to reach their customers (as we know the agriculture industry is the least digitized one). Delacons Asia Team organized a virtual Distributor Meeting in times of Covid-19. More than 60 participants came together to exchange the latest phytogenic insights.
- …find virtual ways to chat about cross-departmental projects (enjoying a virtual morning coffee or lunch together). To exchange phytogenic ideas. We usually do this in the Delacon Hub. The nature of the Hub is open-minded, explorative, and collaborative.
- … launched a (Microsoft) Teams channel to share tips against cabin fever, how to work efficiently from a home office, or to exchange survival strategies among parents.
Do you want to grow with us?
Storyteller, foodie, unicorn-lover – may be the three words that describe me best. Unfortunately, you cannot make a living by only eating food, even though it’s healthy. Therefore, I have developed my skills in Marketing, Online Communications and Content Management to enlighten people around the globe about the power of nature and its contribution to animal as well as human health. Besides, I am following my pioneering roots and try to convince our management to introduce unicorns as a new species at Delacon. I am sure that one day, I will succeed. Last but not least – never forget to be magical.